Sunday, January 31, 2010

Desserts # 1 and 2

My caveman received a recipe this afternoon from one of his fellow cavemen that he wanted me to try. The original recipe came from the following link: http://thelabelsayspaleo.com/2009/11/16/better-than-cakeballs-fudge-babies/

The fudge babies were as delightful as promised.

However, not being as big of a chocolate fan as my caveman, I decided to come up with my own version to satisfy all the vanilla lovers. Here is the alternate recipe with a little added protein:

1 cup almonds
1 1/3 cup dried cranberries
4 T vanilla protein powder
1 t local honey

Blend all ingredients in a food processor and roll into 1 inch balls. Local honey has been rumored to fight seasonal allergies and is also environmentally friendly. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dessert 1 and 2 are absolutely phenomenal....I think BOTH would be delicious if you are a cold cave person like me and refrigerated both "balls" and then enjoyed them!

Mike L said...

the cranberry balls are awesome!

date balls are ok

moral of the story....eat balls